AccuWeather Platinum for Android has all of the accurate and local weather information and interactive features you need for your Android device without any advertising! This full-featured application not only has hourly forecasts updated every hour, interactive Google Maps, a notification center, and severe weather notices, but it also has weather in 27 languages, customizable color themes, and social media sharing! Download AccuWeather Platinum and start accessing reliable and detailed weather news and information on your Android device completely ad free!
AccuWeather Platinum for Android features:
· Accurate and local forecasts for locations worldwide. Updated every hour, forecasts include detailed hourly forecasts for the next 24 hours, plus day and night weather forecasts and information for the next 15 days - all in 27 different languages.
· Weather Alarms, for locations worldwide, for weather events including, snow, ice, rain, wind speed/gusts, and probability of thunderstorms.
· Current weather conditions data is updated every 15 minutes and includes humidity percentages, visibility, UV index, wind speed gusts and direction, times for sunrise and sunset, and RealFeel - AccuWeather's proprietary weather forecasting system that takes into account multiple weather conditions to determine how the local temperature actually feels, which may be warmer or colder than the temperature depending on these conditions.
· Day and night forecasts include high and low temperatures, Weather Alarms, precipitation type and amount, wind speed and gusts, and RealFeel.
· Weather display of North American radar and worldwide satellite overlaying interactive Google Maps.
· Current news and broadcast-quality weather videos with many available in both English and Spanish.
· Sharing function where a user can share the current, hourly, 15-day forecast, or forecast detail view using the social media applications they have installed on their device. The share option is part of the Android menu.
· In-phone status bar on home screen displays the current temperature for a user's current or home location. This is customizable by the user in the "Settings" menu under "Notifications".
· Stores unlimited amount of locations along with up to 10 favorite locations. From the "Locations" menu option, long press hold on a favorite location for more actions.
· Customizable color themes.
· Choice between metric or English units, and either a 12-hour or 24-hour time display.
What's New in This Release:
· Several performance improvements
· Weather data is now updated more frequently
· Improved maps and radar for Europe and Japan
· Now offering official weather data for 3,000 locations in China
What's New in 220.127.116.11:
· Defect and crash fixes
· Visibility units are displayed
What's New in 18.104.22.168:
· Critical bug and crash fixes
· Location bug (on fresh install) fixed
What's New in 2.1.8:
· Added support for tablets including Nexus 10.
What's New in 2.1.7:
· Responding to the user feedback, AccuWeather Lockscreen and the required permissions are removed.
What's New in 2.1.4:
· Now supports Nexus 7
· Includes a brand new (optional), beautiful, bigger widget with the clock
· Fixed the rare maps issue on ICS devices
· Simplified permissions as per user requests
· Several other defect fixes including notifications, display and performance
What's New in 2.1.3:
· Severe weather alerts are now sent to your device
· New lifestyle view to help you make better decisions
· User navigation changes to be more aligned with other Android applications
· Option to "Exit" the application (found in device menu). Note that this does not turn off notifications.
· Fixed crashes and many defects