IMSDroid is the first fully featured open source SIP/IMS client for Android. It is also the only free Android SIP client which supports direct Video Calls.
3GPP IMS (IP Multimedia Subsystem) is the next generation network for delivering IP multimedia services. IMS is standardized by the 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP). IMS services could be used over any type of network, such as 3GPP LTE, GPRS, Wireless LAN, CDMA2000 or fixed line.
The current version of IMSDroid partially implements GSMA Rich Communication Suite release 3 and The One Voice profile V1.0.0 (LTE/4G, also known as GSMA VoLTE) specifications.
What's New in This Release:
· Align with Doubango 870
· Adds support for ZeroVideoArtifacts (Options -> QoS/QoE)
· Improve interop with other WebRTC endpoints (mainly chrome and Firefox)
· Improve interop with other h264-rtp implementations (e.g. gstreamer, bria, cisco, polycom, lync...)
· Improve video perfs
· Re-design the video jitter buffer
· List of devices with opensl-es enabled: "galaxy nexus", "gt-i9100", "gt-s5570i", "xt890", "lg-p970"
· Many other bug fixes
What's New in 2.544.836:
· Align with Doubango 836 (DTLS-SRTP)
What's New in 2.532.758:
· Align with Doubango 758
· Update media engine to allow interop with Chrome stable "23.0.1271.64 m" using sipml5
· Adds support for realtime text (T.140)
· Fix issue 391 , issue 277 , issue 296 , issue 313 , issue 383 , issue 381 and issue 375
What's New in 2.0.509:
· align with Doubango 738
· direct rendering of YUV420P frame to opengl-es surface using shaders for GPU chroma conversion (yuv420p -> rgba)
· use libyuv NEON optimized functions for chroma conversion and image scaling, rotation, cropping...
· video jitter buffer enhancements
· fix issue 228
What's New in 2.0.504:
· Fix on-way video when calling Chrome 21.0.1180.60-m
What's New in 2.0.498:
· Fix issue 197 and issue 188
· Align with Doubango 715
· Improve AEC
What's New in 2.0.491:
· First version fully implementing RTCWeb standards (ICE, SRTP/SRTCP, RTCP-MUX...). This version can be used to call sipML5 webApp. To enable the features: Options -> General -> Media Profile -> RTCWeb
What's New in 2.0.487:
· ICE (Interactive Connectivity Establishment): Full implementation of RFC 5245 for NAT Traversal
· 1080p (Full HD): all platforms supports full HD video negotiation. Off course it depends on your CPU and network bandwidth. The preferred video size could be changed from the QoS/QoS screen.
· Adaptive video jitter buffer: A video jitter buffer with advanced features like error correction, packet loss retransmission, delay recovery...
· RTP/AVPF profile as per RFC 4585
· RTCP: Full support for RTCP (3550) and many extensions such as: PLI (RFC 4585), SLI (RFC 4585), RPSI (RFC 4585), FIR (RFC 5104), NACK (4585), TMMBN (RFC 5104)...
· rtcp-mux as per 5761
· Negotiation of Generic Image Attributes in the SDP as per RFC 6236
· Source-Specific Media Attributes in SDP as per draft-lennox-mmusic-sdp-source-attributes-01
· Explicit Call Transfer as per 3GPP TS 24.629
· Fix issue 339
What's New in 2.0.484:
· Adds support for SRTP
· Enable TLS
· Fix crashes when ending video calls on some devices
· Adds support for more front facing cameras
· Fix issue 331
What's New in 2.0.481:
· Add support for Android ICS (4.0)
· Align with latest Doubango binaries (r685)
· Fix issues
What's New in 2.0.453:
· First beta version with support for VP8 video codec (AMRv7-a only)
What's New in 2.0.448:
· Fixed issues