Archos Video Player - Archos Video Player is a powerful movie player for Android smartphones and tablets. The app uses hardware accelerated video decoding to render most file formats.
Archos Video Player can play content from your Android device, as well as from computers and storage devices in the local network. The software features automatic online retrieval of movie and TV show information, subtitle downloader, network indexing, folder or library based browsing, keyboard and remote control compatibility, etc.
What's New in This Release:
· Fix thumbnails on Android 4.4.3
· Fix subtitles download from UPnP
What's New in 7.6.5:
· Fix various crashes introduced by new release
What's New in 7.5.9:
· fix audio video synchronization regression
· resolve video not playing smoothly regression
What's New in 7.5.6:
· Display an error message about Android 4.3 not supported instead of crashing
What's New in 7.5.5:
· Better video playback recovery scheme in case of wireless issue encountered with network shares
· Software decoding performance improvement
What's New in 7.5.2:
· Improve decoding performance on some OMAP4 devices (e.g. Galaxy Nexus)
· Fix hardware decoding on recent Rockchips processors
· Enable soft volume up button press on phones
· Fix scraper queries containing quotes
What's New in 7.5.1:
· New decoding scheme with better performance and compatibility (S4, HTC One, Experia Z...)
· Export scraper data as NFO for quicker import from another device
· Scraper now supports files like /Moviename (1996)/anything.avi, /Showname/Season 1/anything.ep1.avi and similar
· Fix movie scraper when the file name contains the year
· More robust SDcard and USB-Host scheme
· Fix subtitle download error when downloading lots of subtitles
· Allow installation on SD Card
What's New in 7.4.5:
· New "Audio Boost" video player option (deactivated by default, check the player menu) that allows to perform audio compression with three levels (low/medium/high)
· Fix a crash occurring for some user when opening "Movies by genre" or "Movies by year"
· Fix a regression that prevented the "All movies" widget (was replaced by "All videos")
What's New in 7.3.1:
· 'Folders' category now display the content of the internal storage. This can be changed to another location using the "Change folder" menu item (the folder icon in the ActionBar on tablets).
· Fix file deletion on SDcard & USB drives (files were still visible in the indexed lists)
· Files where the name ends with or is "sample" or "trailer" are no longer added to the database.
· Fix performance issue on some tegra3 tablets (since version 7.3.0)
What's New in 7.2.0:
· Allow to use another video player application when launching the video playback (OFF by default, must be enabled in preferences)
· Keep database information (poster, description, resume point, etc.) for removable storage (external SDcard, USB drive) for 30 days. Restore it when the storage is plugged again.
· Fix UTF-16 subtitles support
· Add more languages in the subtitle downloader settings
· Longer time-out for SMB discovery