LapStar Stopwatch Lite - LapStar is a multiview digital stopwatch / lap timer with speech. Designed to be precise, fast, responsive, clean, simple and easy to use. No adverts or permissions and packaged into a very small file size. Try it today and see how good an Android stopwatch can be.
Designed specifically for outside sports use, the stopwatch display is large and clear even in bright sunlight. The stopwatch can also be operated by the side buttons so can be used on the run.
Unlike similar apps, this stop watch operates on touch, not press. This means that your lap times will be more accurate since a button press takes longer than a touch. This TTS stopwatch lap timer does not ship with a built in Speech engine like some restrictive apps, so you have the freedom to install and use the engine of your choice. If speech is not installed on your phone then the stopwatch will still function but will be silent. Simply install a TTS speech engine to fix this.
LapStar is intended to look deceptively simple, yet is powerful under the hood. The secret to this simple approach is the multiple views accessed by simply swiping the main panel left or right. Optionally the lap timer has TTS speech enabled for all actions. Speech is fully configurable and works with all speech enabled phones. This talking stopwatch will use the default speech engine currently configured for your phone, but also support all available engines.
Despite being a FREE version LapStar Stopwatch Lite is packed with features and is Advert Free with no intrusive permissions.
LapStar Stopwatch Lite features:
· Large easy to read display
· Simple to operate.
· Works with system time
· 1/1000 second precision.
· Actions on touch, not press (crucial for accuracy)
· Side button operation
· Runs in background
· Screen stays awake
· TTS Speech for all actions
· Configure speech output for each action.
· Multiple easy to read views
· Ability to commit lap after stopping lap timer
· Total time
· Current lap time
· Lap number
· Lap time
· Elapsed Lap time
· Fastest lap
· Average lap
· Slowest lap
· Delta to fastest lap
· Split time notification
· Permission free
· Advert free
· Tiny file size
What's New in This Release:
· Improved Speech initialization for devices without lang data as default.
· Added new menu items: Contact & Upgrade.
What's New in 2.0:
· Added runtime speech notifications.
· Updated UI for improved tablet support.
· Stopwatch can now speak time at set intervals.
What's New in 1.4:
· New speech option for on lap - "Determined by panel".
· New 'Glossary' dialog
· Changed UI terms to conform with athletics nomenclature.
What's New in 188.8.131.522:
· Added Help dialog for when TTS Speech is not enabled by default.
· Revised exit message.
· Reset button made larger