Talking Russian Spelling Dictionary for Android
XXI Century Dictionaries are based on the latest research, considering traditional and the most recent Russian linguistic approaches. Strict professional requirements for authors, mandatory expert appraisal by Russian Academy of Sciences, highly qualified editorial and publishing preparation provide the highest level of dictionaries.
Talking Russian Spelling Dictionary for Android, presented in a series of "XXI Century Dictionaries" is based on deep linguistic research in spelling and is the most comprehensive of the modern spelling dictionaries. Authors of the dictionary observe longstanding traditions in the domestic lexicography. Words in the dictionary are given in their regulatory writing, with accent and necessary grammatical information. Dictionary database contains around 164,000 entries, 180,000 words and phrases, including new vocabulary, which appeared in use in recent years.
- Look up unfamiliar words in Russian Spelling Dictionary directly from the home screen! The dictionary provides translations in a Quick Search Box alongside other search results.*
- Morphology module helps to translate words in any grammatical form.
- Russian audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers.
- List of similar words is displayed in case of misspelling
- Find the word even if you don’t know its exact spelling using Wildcard Search (use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters).
- Integrate dictionary with the Flash Cards application and quiz yourself with words you have added from the dictionary.
- Test yourself with a Word of the day widget on your Home screen. A random entry from the dictionary is changed daily.**
- Dictionary installation on memory cards.
- Hyperlinks between related articles and directions.
- Search History feature shows the last 20 words looked up.
- No Internet connection required: simply download the dictionary to your device and use it with no further expense incurred.
- Multilingual interface available in Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Russian and Spanish languages.
- Paragon keyboard for accurate text input in English and Russian languages.***
* To turn on this option, install a dictionary. Then go to Menu->Settings->Search->Searchable items and mark Russian Spelling dictionary.
** Words from your Flash Cards are demonstrated more frequently if Flash Cards application is installed on the device.
***For keyboard activation: long press on ‘123’ button at Standard keyboard -> Select Input Method -> Paragon keyboard.