Cerberus is a complete anti-theft application, the best protection you can get to recover your misplaced, lost or stolen Android device.
It has three ways to protect your device:
· Remote control through the website cerberusapp.com
· Remote control via text messages
· SIM Checker (for devices that have a SIM card): you will automatically receive alerts if someone uses your phone with an unauthorized SIM card
Remote control allows you to perform many operations on your device, like:
· Locate and track it
· Start a loud alarm, even if the device is set to silent mode
· Wipe the internal memory and the SD card
· Hide Cerberus from the app drawer
· Lock the device with a code
· Record audio from the microphone
· Get a list of last calls sent and received
· Get information about network and operator the device is connected to
· And much more!
Cerberus automatically enables GPS if it is off when you try to localize your device (only on Android < 2.3.3) and you can protect it from unauthorized uninstalling - more info in the app configuration.
The app works even if the device does not have an internet connection thanks to remote control by sms messages. Also, the SIM Checker feature allows you to know the new number to send texts to, if the SIM card is changed. Texts received and sent for Cerberus remote control will not start any notification and will not appear in the Messages application.
Cerberus does not drain the battery because there is no background service running: it will activate only if there is a remote control request and will stop afterwards.
More features for rooted devices: complete uninstall protection (a thief will be able to delete Cerberus only by flashing another ROM), GPS auto-enabling even on Android > 2.3.3. More info on the website in the Help section.
· One week trial, then you can buy a lifetime license from within the application: no monthly or yearly fees, just a one-time payment. License is associated to your Cerberus account, if you have multiple devices you can use all of them (up to 5) with the same account.
What's New in This Release:
· Bug fix for photo/video capture on Nexus 7 (2013)
· New "transparent" option in the app settings to capture photos/videos without showing a black or white screen
· New option for the "Call phone" command, to put the call on speakerphone
· New "enableroaming" SMS command to turn on data roaming (rooted devices only)
· Fixed issues with photo/video capture on some devices with ICS/JB
· Several small improvements and bug fixes
What's New in 2.2:
· On most devices the GPS icon should now be hidden while tracking
· New command (web) to send SMS messages remotely
· New "speak" command (sms) to make Cerberus pronounce a message with text-to-speech
· New option to choose between a black and a white screen while taking pictures
· Minor bugfixes/improvements for reliability
What's New in 2.1:
· New command (web) to get the location history of the device
· New command (web&sms) to reboot the device (only for rooted devices)
· A black screen is displayed while taking a picture, instead of the white screen present in version 2.0
· On devices with a LED flash, it should blink during an alarm
What's New in 2.0:
· New command (web & sms) to capture a video and send it to your email address
· New option to open Cerberus by dialing a particular number when the app is hidden from the drawer
· New "enablewifi" sms command to enable WiFi and automatically connect to open networks
· Added integration with Green Power
· Bug fixes on Galaxy Nexus/Ice Cream Sandwich
· You can end sms commands with "##", this is useful if you send sms commands from a service that adds some text to the end of the message