doubleTwist Player is the best all-in-one music, radio and video app.
Finds all the music on your phone and syncs music & video with the free doubleTwist application on Mac/PC.
Imports iTunes music playlists, music ratings & playcounts from your Mac/PC; sync music, play music & video podcasts!
For a wireless experience, upgrade to AirSync, which syncs your iTunes music, photos and videos with your Mac or PC over your home WiFi network.
Also, you can purchase an in-app upgrade that will check your songs for missing artwork and supply high-quality cover art using Gracenote's extensive licensed artwork database. Note: if your songs already contain embedded artwork, doubleTwist will continue to display that artwork, whether you upgrade or not.
What's New in This Release:
· Fixed a crash on launch that was affecting a small number of users.
· Minor bug fixes.
What's New in 2.4.8:
· Updated Now Playing screen design to avoid blasphemous cropping of artwork
What's New in 2.4.7:
· Fixed Magic Radio playback issue that affected certain LG devices.
What's New in 2.4.6:
· Fixed issue that would sometimes cause Magic Radio playback to skip to the next track before the current track had ended.
· Fixed issue that could cause ANR (hang) during Magic Radio playback.
· Fixed issue with Storage setting sometimes reverting to Internal on KitKat devices.
What's New in 2.4.0:
· Added podcast episode sorting options.
· Added support for password protected podcasts.
· Added support for adding podcast manually via URL.
· Misc bug fixes.
What's New in 2.3.8:
· Fixed an issue that could cause an album to appear with "Unknown artist".
· Fixed crash that would occur when initiating playback of an empty playlist from the Qualcomm Toq smartwatch.
What's New in 2.3.7:
· Added a new setting for Pro users to select their start screen (Albums, Songs, Artists, Podcasts, etc).
· Improved screen transitions.
What's New in 2.3.6:
· Fixed some minor crashes.
What's New in 2.3.4:
· Fixed an AllJoyn crash that could occur even when the app is in the background.
· The 10/30 second podcast skip buttons now appear on tablets.
· Delete is now available when viewing dynamic playlists.
What's New in 2.3.0:
· Redesigned UI, including new UI for 7" and 10" inch tablets.
· Artist view now shows artist image and biography (if available).
· Easily create new playlists, batch-add songs to the Play Queue or delete songs using doubleTwist's unique multi-select design.
· Launch Magic Radio stations directly from your music library: you can now easily create new Magic Radio stations while browsing your music library by Artist, Album, Song or Playlist.
What's New in 2.1.8:
· Fixed a crash on Android 2.2 devices that slipped into the previous update.
What's New in 2.1.6:
· Fixed a crash related to adding tracks to a playlist.
· Fixed a crash related to Facebook sharing.
What's New in 2.1.5:
· Fixed an issue with Facebook and Twitter sharing not working for some users.
What's New in 2.1.4:
· Fixed a few crashes.
What's New in 2.1.3:
· Workaround for Samsung's Bluetooth Share bug on Galaxy S4.
· Improved Add Features design.
What's New in 2.1.2:
· Fixed an issue with UI lag when switching to a new song.
· Fixed a download/playback issue that affected certain podcast episodes.
· Fixed an issue with some Unicode characters not being displayed correctly.
· Misc fixes/improvements.
What's New in 2.1.1:
· Fixed an issue with AirSync not being unlocked for users who purchased doubleTwist Pro after installing the previous update (v2.1.0).
· Fixed an issue with podcast skip buttons (10s and 30s) not working correctly.
What's New in 2.1.0:
· Delicious new design consistent with Google's Holo guidelines.
· Every screen now supports landscape mode.
· Bug fixes and improvements.
What's New in 2.0.2:
· Fixed an issue with podcast skipping.
What's New in 2.0.1:
· Player no longer judges your music taste by automatically skipping to the next track when you play lousy tracks.
What's New in 2.0.0:
· Tired of listening to the same old songs from your music library? Introducing Magic Radio, a personalized streaming service that seamlessly blends music from your music library with new music uniquely tailored to your musical taste from a catalog of over 13 million songs. Make your playlists infinite, find a station for every mood or genre, and discover great new artists. Plus, there are no ads, just music you love! Magic Radio is currently only available to US users.
What's New in 1.8.6:
· Fixed an issue that could cause the app to crash on launch when running on Android 4.2 devices.
What's New in 1.8.5:
· Fixed import of Google/Play Music offline tracks to work with the latest version of the Play Music app. This is only supported on rooted devices (and on Android 4.2 you need to use SuperSU instead of Superuser).
What's New in 1.8.4:
· Added Genre tile: You can now browse your music library by genre. On first launch after installing the update, it may take up to a minute for the genres to appear.
· Additional sharing options: You can now share what you're listening to via services/apps other than Twitter & Facebook.
· Fixed several crashes.
What's New in 1.8.3:
· Added new Sharing feature: you can now share the song you're listening to with friends on Twitter and/or Facebook. Shared links include artist bio, videos, concert info, and more.
· Minor bug fixes.
What's New in 1.8.2:
· Fixed an issue with playback notification displaying previous track's artwork for tracks that don't have artwork.
· Fixed a crash on Android 2.2
What's New in 1.8.0:
· Fixed import of Play Music offline tracks (requires root access on MTP-only devices such as Galaxy Nexus).
· Added playback controls to notification (requires Android 3.0 or higher).
· New podcast setting: set Refresh Interval (every X hours).
· Custom lockscreen controls can be enabled in the settings.
· Added Voice Action search support ("Listen to X").
· Fixed numerous bugs and ANRs.
What's New in 1.7.8:
· Fixed issue related to ICS upgrade for RAZR family of devices where songs on memory card were not being recognized.
What's New in 1.7.7:
· Fixed a crash that was occurring on app launch for some users.
What's New in 1.7.5:
· Fixed issue with playback position not being saved on audio podcasts.
· Other minor bug fixes.
What's New in 1.7.4:
· Fixed an issue introduced in last release that broke playback for some users.
· Support for Intel-powered phones (app size increase).
· Fixed a crash when scrolling in the video list.
· Fixed Windows to Android podcast syncing.
· Fixed podcast playback position saving.
· Fixed numerous bugs.
What's New in 1.7.3:
· Added support for Google Music (offline tracks appear in library).
· Improved method for downloading alternate album artwork.
· Fixed AirPlay support for recent Apple TV update.
· Search is now more easily accessible.
· Various improvements and bug fixes.
What's New in 1.7.2:
· Made podcast streaming available to all users.
· Support for the Android 4.0 lock screen.
· Fixed video & podcast position saving.
· Fixed Last.fm scrobbling.
· Fixed a number of bugs.
What's New in 1.7.2:
· Fixed Last.fm scrobbling when resuming a track.
· Fixed playback of videos opened via Gallery app.
· Fixed a podcast crash that some users encountered.
· Fixed the background podcast service to terminate itself when idle.
· Fixed issue with playback sometimes not continuing to next track when screen is off.
· Pull to refresh on the podcast subscription list now triggers download of new episodes.
What's New in 1.6.3:
· Added back support for re-ordering playlist tracks.
· Proper fullscreen video playback on Android 4.0.
· Fixed some AirPlay bugs.
What's New in 1.6.2:
· Fixed an issue where selecting "Shuffle all" a second time did not re-shuffle.
· Fixed an issue with "Download album art" setting not being respected.
· Fixed a crash on Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich).
· Fixed a performance issue in the Albums view.
What's New in 1.6.1:
· Fixed some Force Closes and playback issues.
What's New in 1.5.5:
· Hot fix for Settings screen force close for non-US language users.
What's New in 1.5.2:
· Hot fix for silent playback issue introduced in 1.5.1.
· Fixed issue with search results.
· Fixed playlist shortcuts.
What's New in 1.5.1:
· Added slick grid view for album browsing.
· Added fancy equalizer to Music Lover (formerly "Album Artwork") upgrade. EQ requires Android 2.3 or higher.
· Playlist management is now turned on by default, allowing you to modify playlists and delete songs.
· Added "Save Play Queue as Playlist".
· Fixed some AirPlay streaming issues.
· Fixed issue where large widget became inaccessible to AirSync users.
· Bug fixes.
What's New in 1.4.9:
· Fixed AirTwist & AirPlay support for non-English users.
· Improved translations for non-English users.
· Large widget is now available to users who have purchased the album art upgrade.