BucketUpload is an application that allows uploading files to an Amazon S3 bucket, Flickr, any web server or any FTP server. Files could be images, audios, videos or any documents available on your Android device. BucketUpload provides a file browser able to list folders from local file system, sd card and shared content providers.
Flickr is an image/video hosting web site and online community platform. In addition to being a popular Web site for users to share personal photographs, the service is widely used by bloggers as a photo repository.
S3 is a storage service for internet provided by Amazon. It is mainly used for backup (personal or corporate), remote drive, images and videos sharing services. Most known digital photo sharing website based on S3 is SmugMug.
· End-user could select one or many files to upload with a file browser. It allows to browse folders and subfolders. Files and folders could be selected from device file system, external SD card and shared folders such as images, audio and video.
· BucketUpload front-end includes a progress bar with current file uploaded, files remaining and transfer rate.
· End-user can cancel upload at any time with the "Cancel" button.
· End-user can setup Flickr options such as tags, share with friend/family/all for images and videos to upload.
· End-user can setup S3 parameters (bucket name, key identifier and secret key). Permission for file to upload could also be setup thanks to ACL. End-user can select among "private", "authenticated-read", "public-read" and "public-read-write". Default is "private". All parameters are saved into a private store on the Android device.
Regular web server settings:
· End-user can setup regular web server parameters (URL, file part name and additional parts). All parameters are saved into a private store on the Android device.
Regular FTP server settings:
· End-user can setup regular FTP server parameters (URL, username and password). Resume support is also available. All parameters are saved into a private store on the Android device.
· BucketUpload provides options to ZIP file before upload and automatically retry up to 5 times on transfer failure.
What's New in This Release:
· File content type icons added