BEIKS Pocket Medical Encyclopedia for Android - Often, the times a person needs quick answers to medical questions they are not near a desktop computer or printed medical encyclopedia.
The MedicineNet Pocket Medical Encyclopedia enables anyone with an Android handheld to carry vast amounts of information in their pocket or purse. The information found in the Encyclopedia includes not only standard medical terms but also pertinent scientific items, abbreviations, acronyms, jargon, institutions, projects, symptoms, syndromes, eponyms, and medical history.
The MedicineNet doctors are proud to have authored the Webster’s New World Medical Dictionary First and Second Editions published by Wiley Publishing, Inc. MedicineNet’s content is used by libraries, government agencies, doctor’s offices, pharmacy networks, hospitals, insurance organizations, medical schools, and other healthcare organizations worldwide.
The product comes equipped with the latest version of BEIKS’ award-winning BEIKS Dictionary Reader, a generic reference platform enabling users to view a wide variety of reference works available at BEIKS.com. One of the first mobile reference applications on the market, the BEIKS Dictionary is under constant improvement and has the support of millions active users all over the world.
This new, second release of the Pocket Medical Encyclopedia by MedicineNet brings significant improvements in both quantity and quality: there are now over 15,000 reference terms, nearly 50% increase since the last release; due to advanced data compression the data file size has been decreased, however, and is now under 3 MB; there are embedded links within the topics, allowing for a single tap navigation between related terms.
BEIKS Pocket Medical Encyclopedia for Android features:
· Optimized for reference content (dictionaries) resulting in simplified functionality and enhanced user experience;
· Available on other mobile platforms (Windows Mobile, BlackBerry, Palm OS) so you can keep on using it even when you change your device;
· Full support for external media cards;
· Optional view of words list with translations on the same screen;
· Voice recognition for the English words;
· Dictionary browsing with fast word positioning;
· Excellent data compression.
What's New in This Release:
· Bug fix: inability to perform consecutive searches in a single session fixed