Google Japanese Input - Google Japanese Input, now available on Android.
Google Japanese Input, optimized for Android devices. Featuring a rich and relevant vocabulary set and convenient conversion capability to increase the efficiency of Japanese Input.
- Rich and relevant vocabulary set. We have extracted all the right words from our desktop version to cover all the mobile use case: from writing an email to looking up a map and writing something on your favorite social network site and so on.
-- Places: [東京都中央卸売市場] [秋葉原ラジオ会館] [立山黒部アルペンルート]
-- Celebrity : [徳川光圀] [織田信秀]
-- Foreign words : [Android(あんどろいど)] [Bistro(びすとろ)] [Trattoria(とらっとりあ)]
- Neat features. Take advantage of unique handy features such as:
-- 「きょう」to get today’s date or「いま」to get the current time.
-- Just type「1203」and get suggestions like [12月3日(日付)] or [12:03(時刻)]
-- Smart suffixes: after typing a number, you will get the right suffix. Some examples: [12 → 月、時] [100 → 円、万] [246 → 号、沿い]
- Android 2.1 or later.
- Tablet and hardware keyboard are not supported.
- All the Google Japanese Input product, including this Android version, can be used without any active network connection.
- The Android version of Google Japanese Input is still a Beta version. We are eager to hear back from you so we can better prioritize new features and improvements.
What's New in This Release:
· Fixed a crash bug when opening the preference screen on tablets like the Nexus 10.
· Fixed a performance issue when switching keyboard on some devices.
· Fixed a bug which unexpectedly displayed the hardware keyboard screen when the preference for hardware keyboard was set to System Default.
· Fixed a bug which prevented text input with the shift key when preference for hardware keyboard was set to System Default.
· Fixed a bug which lead to a tiny candidate window on some tablets.
What's New in 1.9.1393.3:
· Out of beta.
· Improved mushroom's stability.
· Added support for x86 devices.
What's New in 1.9.1362.3:
· Added color schemes
· New UX for symbol screen, keyboard folding and preferences
· Customizable keyboard height
· Smaller side-keyboards for devices which a large screen
· Typing correction logic and partial suggestions
· Carrier and Unicode (Android 4.1+) emoji in candidates
· Mushroom support
· Added preferences for haptic feedback and automatic correction of kana modifier
· Replaced cursor screen by 2 dedicated keys
· Fixed issues with multi-users on Android 4.2+, modifier keys on hardware keyboard
What's New in 1.6.1209.3:
· Introduced Godan Keyboard.
· Candidates now take care of missing voice marks or small kana (available on 12 keys and Godan Keyboard)
· Improved the diversity of candidates
· Enabling a hardware keyboard will automatically hide the virtual keyboard.
· Popup display (ON/OFF)
· Flick sensitivity adjustment
What's New in 1.5.1155.3:
· Following issues are resolved: unexpected cursor move, crash on specific model.
What's New in 1.5.1122.3:
· Customizable user dictionary.
· Support for Hardware keyboard (USB and Bluetooth).
· Support for status bar icon.
· UX polish for tablets (e.g. settings UI)
· Emoji support for devices such as Galaxy Nexus which lack the required data (Docomo and Softbank emoji).
What's New in 1.5.1089.3:
· Updated dictionary.
· Pending input is used to determine candidate words.
· Added fullscreen mode for devices with small screen sizes. (see preferences to override)
· Added support for carrier specific Emoji.
· Emoji panel shows a warning when it is not supported by the input field.
· Context based auto-selection of the keyboard. (e.g. selects an alphabet keyboard for a password field)
· Improved the visual quality of keytops and icons.