Oxford Beginner's Japanese Dictionary for Android- Your essential companion to learning Japanese. Offering a comprehensive look at both languages, the Oxford Beginner’s Japanese Dictionary includes English-Japanese and Japanese-English dictionaries with about 10,000 words. Designed specifically for English-speaking adult learners who are either learning from scratch or refreshing lost language skills, it offers an easy to use dictionary, extra help with vocabulary, and essential information on living and interacting in the Japanese-speaking world. The Oxford Beginner’s Japanese dictionary includes all words you really need to know, grammar help, and verb tables, and on life in the Japanese-speaking world: background information on lifestyle and culture, tips on etiquette and interaction in the language, and a phrasefinder for use when travelling.
- Carefully selected vocabulary, suited to beginner level
- Section on core vocabulary - all the words you absolutely must know at this level, for everyday life and to help you through your exams
- Notes on grammar and usage throughout the text, and thousands of phrases to show how language works in context
Improve your language skills with Oxford dictionary:
- Look up unfamiliar words directly from the home screen! Now Oxford dictionary provides translations in a Quick Search Box alongside other search results.*
- English Morphology module helps to translate words from any grammatical form.
- Search by voice. Speak your queries instead of typing words in a dictionary. (Uses Google voice recognition service).
- English audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers.
- Use Fuzzy Search in case of misspelling. Just enter a wrong variant and get a list of similar words.
- Find the word even if you don’t know its exact spelling using Wildcard Search (use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters).
- Integrate Oxford dictionary with the Flash Cards application and quiz yourself with words you have added from the dictionary.
- Study the language in the easiest and most effective way using Oxford dictionary. Test yourself with a Word of the day widget on your Home screen. A random entry from the dictionary is changed daily.**
- Dictionary installation on memory cards.
- Hyperlinks between related articles and directions.
- Search History feature shows the last 20 words looked up.
- No Internet connection required: simply download the dictionary to your device and use it with no further expense incurred.
- Multilingual interface available in Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Russian and Spanish languages.