I.V. Drug Handbook
Everything you need for safe, successful I.V. drug administration:
- All-inclusive coverage of over 350 parenteral drugs with the latest warnings from the FDA
- Includes antibiotics, insulin, pain medications, emergency drugs -- and more coverage of chemotherapeutic agents with more supportive therapies than you''ll find in any other text
- Provides the most comprehensive, specific, evidence-based guidelines on administering high-alert and hazardous drugs available anywhere
- Each drug monograph includes administration guidelines, covering preparation, dilution & compatibility, infusion rates, admixtures, supportive therapies and monitoring.
- Features a 32 page full-color patient safety insert describing measures for ensuring safe drug administration, including 6 pages on inserting an I.V. catheter
- Uses distinctive icons to call your attention to "clinical alerts," "life-threatening reactions," "high-alert", "hazardous" drugs, and more
Patricia Dwyer Schull, MSN, RN, has been in medical publishing for more than twenty years. Prior to establishing MedVantage Publishing, Patricia held executive management positions with the top medical publishers in the world. She has edited and authored many popular nursing publications including several drug titles. Before entering the publishing business, Patricia spent 16 years in various aspects of nursing management, direct patient care and staff education as a professional registered nurse.
The MSDict Dictionary Format
The I.V. Drug Handbook is here presented in MSDict electronic format. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
- Quick dynamic search of words while you type
- Transcriptions facilitating pronunciation
- Hyperlinks between different related words
- History to see the last 50 words you have looked up
- Support for memory cards
- Access the dictionary from the device Widgets