Talking Concise Oxford English dictionary for Android - The most popular world-famous dictionary. The Concise Oxford English Dictionary is the most popular dictionary of its kind around the world and is noted for its clear, concise definitions as well as its comprehensive and authoritative coverage of the vocabulary of the English-speaking world. Authoritative and up to date, this eleventh edition of the Concise Oxford English Dictionary contains over 240,000 words, phrases, and definitions, including 900 new words. It offers rich vocabulary coverage, with full treatment of World English, rare, historical, and archaic terms, as well as scientific and technical vocabulary, and provides hundreds of helpful notes on grammar and usage.
- The clearest, most accurate definitions, based on the largest language research programme in the world
- Thousands of brand-new words and senses from Oxford’s unrivalled new words research
- Word Histories give a fascinating insight into the history and development of hundreds of words
- 400 new notes on grammar and usage
Improve your language skills with Oxford dictionary:
- Look up unfamiliar words directly from the home screen! Now Oxford dictionary provides translations in a Quick Search Box alongside other search results.
- English Morphology module helps to translate words from any grammatical form.
- Search by voice. Speak your queries instead of typing words in a dictionary. (Uses Google voice recognition service).
- English audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers.
- Use Fuzzy Search in case of misspelling. Just enter a wrong variant and get a list of similar words.
- Find the word even if you don’t know its exact spelling using Wildcard Search (use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters).
- Integrate Oxford dictionary with the Flash Cards application and quiz yourself with words you have added from the dictionary.
- Study the language in the easiest and most effective way using Oxford dictionary. Test yourself with a Word of the day widget on your Home screen. A random entry from the dictionary is changed daily.
- Dictionary installation on memory cards.
- Hyperlinks between related articles and directions.
- Search History feature shows the last 20 words looked up.
- No Internet connection required: simply download the dictionary to your device and use it with no further expense incurred.
- Multilingual interface available in Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Russian and Spanish languages.