Duden - German explanatory dictionary for Android is the most comprehensive dictionary of its kind which includes not only up-to-the-minute German vocabulary, but also covers its dialects and its varieties in Austria and Switzerland. Detailed entries are devoted to the technical terms, professionalisms, jargon, and slang. As any other explanatory dictionary, Duden contains elaborated entries on the meaning and usage of the words and speech tokens in a sentence. The new edition of this basic work offers converted, updated, and considerably extended content of keywords from A to Z. Naturally, Duden – German explanatory dictionary corresponds to the obligatory Official Spelling Rules dated August, 2006. The PDA-version offers numerous functions that actualize word search in the dictionary.
- About 150,000 keywords and phrases;
- More than 500,000 meaning explanations and usage examples, notes on spelling, grammar, word origin, and style;
- 10,000 words and phrases standing for new notions relevant for nowadays German reality, e.g. „Erlebnisgesellschaft”, „Genfood”, „MP3-Player”, „Plasmabildschirm”, „seniorengerecht”, „Zweiklassenmedizin” etc.;
- Around 140 typical for the modern German language affixes, such as „neo-”, „pseudo-”, „-bewusst”, „-wirksam” and others are paid special attention;
- Recommendations on word usage help to avoid mistakes in linguistically sensitive cases, such as with the words „pervers” and „turken” and inform that recently often used „taubstumm” should be substituted by „gehorlos”;
- Over 8,000 audio pronunciations for difficult words.