Collins English Dictionary and Thesaurus 2010 Complete & Unabridged- The Collins English Dictionary 2010 Complete & Unabridged and the Collins Thesaurus of the English Language 2010 in a software bundle offering a complete language and reference solution for writing, for work, for study, because you want to express yourself well, or just for the love of words.
- Search over 500,000 English words, references and examples in this 30th anniversary edition of the Collins’' flagship dictionary.
- Let the Thesaurus help you find that tantalizing solution to tricky language clues with over 377,000 synonyms and antonyms.
- Latest vocabulary, based upon Collins’' 2.5 billion word database
- 6,000 biographical entries
- Key expressions and example sentences
- Usage notes give advice on using the right word in the right place
- Cultural notes on life and language
- Thousands of etymologies trace the roots of modern English
- A clear design that makes this dictionary accessible and easy to use
- Key synonyms for each sense, offering the most helpful alternative
- Opposites provide you with another way of expressing yourself
- A wide range of Idioms and phrases included
- Related words to help you expand your vocabulary
- Quotations add wit, sparkle and originality
- Illustrative examples from real English show how the entry word is used
- Usage and regional labels to help you identify areas of usage
- Extensive coverage of English as an international language
- 550 Subject word lists add an extra dimension to your vocabulary
The MSDict Dictionary Format
The dictionaries are here presented in MSDict electronic format. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
- Quick dynamic search of words while you type
- Transcriptions facilitating pronunciation
- Hyperlinks between different related words
- History to see the last 50 words you have looked up
- Support for memory cards