StyleTap Platform (Android) - StyleTap Platform is a Palm OS emulator for Android phones and tablets. It allows you to run many of the 30,000 mobile applications written for Palm OS on your Android device.
StyleTap Platform is fast, compact and comes with everything you need. Just add your favorite third-party applications for Palm OS platform and you are ready to go.
StyleTap Platform (Android) features:
· Supports application programs written for the Palm OS 5.2 platform or earlier versions.
· Includes support for programs that use native ARM code (PNOs, often called "ARMlets").
· StyleTap Platform is very fast, often running applications faster than on the native Palm OS devices.
· Users can cut and paste text and bitmaps between Palm OS applications and native Android programs.
· Supports TCP/IP connectivity
· Audio recording and playback
· Support for memory cards (applications using VFS), for very large application databases and files (e.g. medical apps, dictionaries, bibles, etc.) that won't fit in main memory.
· On the latest smartphone devices, StyleTap Platform takes full advantage of high density VGA screens for maximum readability.
· Support for the Android GPS. Styletap provides location information to applications as standard GPS NMEA strings through the Palm OS serial API.
· Unique backwards compatibility features enable both older and newer programs to perform direct screen updates.
· Runs on StyleTap applications have been certified by their developer to run on the StyleTap platform.
· 14-day trial
What's New in This Release:
· Added "Export Databases" function to StyleTap Launcher "Options" menu: Copies all Palm databases (both .prc and .pdb files) to /Android/data/com.StyleTap.StyleTap/export folder so that they will be visible when connected to desktop. This allows databases to be copied/backed up to the desktop file system, where they can also then be processed by desktop applications. After processing, updated databases can be placed in /Android/data/com.StyleTap.StyleTap/import folder to be re-imported when the device is disconnected and StyleTap is started again. Note to developers: The Export Databases function can also be called from your application via the StyleTap API. Contact StyleTap by email to obtain the latest header file.
Includes fixes for:
· Several issues causing registration status to be reset and/or unpredictable
· Issue with WebTools using wrong IP address
· Certain games doing direct screen writes outside screen boundaries
· Various other minor display and keyboard fixes