Concise Oxford-Duden German Dictionary- offers a comprehensive guide to the German language, from general vocabulary to specialist and technical terminology, from formal language to slang. The range makes accessible every aspect of the German speaking world of today through meticulous description of its language and its cultural institutions. Based on the evidence of the language databanks maintained and continuously expanded by Oxford University Press and the Dudenverlag, every title in the range provides a more accurate, up-to-date, and complete picture of real languages than has ever been possible before.
Convenience and Easy-access Layout
- Coverage of over 150,000 words and phrases, and over 250,000 translations
- In-text notes on points of usage and construction
- In-text cultural notes on life in the German-speaking world
- Aid sections helping in understanding idiomatic phrases, compound nouns, and abbreviations
- Completely updated to include the very latest vocabulary
- Easy-access design of the word definitions
The Concise Oxford German Dictionary is utilized by MSDict Viewer. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
- Quick dynamic search of words while you type
- Transcriptions facilitating pronunciation
- Hyperlinks between different related words
- History to see the last 50 words you have looked up
- Support of multiple dictionaries installed at a time
- Support for memory cards