Hoccer is a new app for fast and easy exchange of information and content. Hoccer allows for the instant transfer of data, by way of intuitive gesturing with your mobile phone, eliminating the sometimes cumbersome and time consuming act of manually entering addresses and phone numbers.
Who hasn't been in these situations? You're standing in front of a new acquaintance and want to exchange contact details, but your phone's small on-screen keyboard prevents quick entry. You've just given a talk and want to instantly share your presentation digitally with the audience without having to collect email addresses or ask your colleagues to remember an URL. A friend has snapped a photo with her phone's camera and you'd like to get a copy quickly.
With Hoccer, digital files can, for example, be "thrown" into the audience by imitating a throwing gesture. The data are transferred onto a server and become available for download. Members of the audience interested in these data simply "catch" it by actively gesturing with their mobile phones. In this case, they download the presentation onto their devices and have a personal copy for later review.
To share and receive via desktop visit hoccer.com for the webclient!
What's New in This Release:
· Improved communication protocol uses less bandwidth.
· You can give yourself a username.
· A number in the upright corner shows the number of active users in your proximity.
· By touching this number you will see the IDs of nearby users. If they have a username, you will see it instead of the ID.
· You can restrict hoccs from and to specific users.
· There is an option to generate a new Client ID on every start of the app if you want to improve your privacy.
· added thumbnail previews for faster feedback
· fixed filename issues with files from SD-Card
· enhanced usability for dragging content
What's New in 2.02:
· In-App text message display (to remove SMS permission)
What's New in 2.01:
· improved connectivity
· fixed sharing App's
What's New in 2.0:
· Complete rewrite of backend and API
· Improved transfer and pairing times