ZXing Barcode Scanner - This application allows you to scan barcodes and use the information they contain: URLs can be opened, telephone numbers called, emails sent, business cards added to your contacts. The pictures you scan can be taken with the camera or chosen from your photo roll or picture library. Anything scanned will be saved to an archive that you can revisit at any time. Most of all, the application is simple to use: Start the app, take a picture, and confirm the action to be taken. (Nothing will be done without confirmation first.)
What's New in This Release:
· Android 2.3.3 or later is required now.
· The Holo theme is enabled on Android 3 and later.
· The barcode scanning rectangle has been enlarged slightly on some devices.
· The chosen preview size has changed on some devices, in order to accommodate the space taken by the soft navigation bar.
What's New in 4.3.2:
· Many small bug fixes and improvements
· Scan inverted white-on-black barcodes
· Enabled the RSS Expanded barcode format
· Product search results from Amazon
What's New in 4.31:
· Disabled exposure control as it caused problems on several buggy devices.
· Other small bug fixes.
What's New in 4.2:
· Rewrote the autofocus code to be more reliable.
· Started using continuous focus mode on devices which support it.
· Made the volume buttons turn the front light on and off.
· Added support for 2 digit EAN extension codes.
· Fixed a few crashes.
· Fixed another compatibility problem with the Galaxy Tab.
· Improved French, Dutch, and Finnish translations.
What's New in 4.1:
· Made compatibility fixes for Optimus V and Galaxy Tab devices.
· Improved QR Code character set detection.
· Made more translation fixes.
· Improved URL handling for bitcoin and others.
· Fixed a few rare crashes.
· Improved scanning speed a little.
What's New in 4.0:
· Added new camera features like front light support.
· Updated the app to require Android 2.1.
· Wrote a new history screen.
· Removed some unneeded permissions.
· Made some WiFi improvements.
· Many, many bug fixes.
· Many translation fixes.
What's New in 3.72:
· Fixed one more crash for some users.
What's New in 3.7:
· Added support for the Motorola Xoom and other tablets.
· Added the ability to type in text and encode it as a QR Code.
· Added support for many more locales for web search and product search.
· Provided a choice of creating a new contact or merging with an existing one.
· Allowed third party apps to specify the size of the scanning rectangle.
· Added Hebrew translation and improved others.
· Fixed a crash with WiFi codes.