SMS Backup & Restore - A simple application to backup and restore SMS Messages, useful when doing a factory reset or installing custom ROMs. The backup is stored in /sdcard/SMSBackupRestore folder.
The screen has 4 buttons:
* Backup SMS Messages: Backup all the messages on the phone to the xml file. Existing file is overwritten.
* Restore SMS Messages: Reads the xml file and creates a new message for every entry found in the file.
* Delete SMS Messages: Deletes all the messages on the phone, so that a Restore can be performed.
* Delete Backup Files: Allows selection of backup files to be deleted.
* Menu -> Send by Email: Allows you to send the backup file by Email.
What's New in This Release:
· Support for detection of external storage cards
· Holo based theme and ActionBar support
· Inbuilt file/folder browser
· Open Conversation from Search result.
· Lots of other internal changes
What's New in 4.8:
· Option to choose the app language.
· Email backup now includes the xsl file as well as link to the instructions.
· New Icons. (Thanks to Vlad Kitanoski)
· Updated translations.
· Trying another Ad Network.
What's New in 4.2:
· Added basic search functionality.
· Fix for the french language error during backup.
· Added Translations: German, Dutch, Portuguese, Italian.
What's New in 3.9.1:
· Removed the option “System Default” from the Backup date format option which was added by mistake
What's New in 3.6:
· Fixed a bug with the Archive Mode where it would miss messages if a new message was deleted. If you are missing messages, I suggest a Full Backup to be on the safe side.