Yaaic (Yet Another Android IRC Client) is an Internet Relay Chat (IRC) client for Android phones.
· Multi-server support,
· colored text,
· fancy icons,
· smooth channel scrolling,
· a bunch of commands
· ... and more!
What's New in This Release:
· SASL support (pocmo)
· Fullscreen chat setting (reyncor)
· Extended IRC URI support (reyncor)
· GUI for adding authentication data for Nickserv/SASL (pocmo)
· Only hide MOTD once (dsalt)
· Ignore status characters in front of nicks for the purpose of nick completion (rasher)
· Configurable history size (Steven Luo)
· Overhaul notifications system (Steven Luo)
· Now displays the number of mentions that the user has not seen in the notification.
· When no mentions are outstanding, display which servers the user is connected to, not the last message.
· When more than one mention is outstanding, display the names of the conversations with new mentions, not just the last message received.
· Notifications of mentions are suppressed if you're in the conversation at the time of the mention.
· Notifications of mentions automatically clear when you bring up the conversation.
· Vibrate notifications now generate the user's chosen default vibrate pattern, not a hard-coded one.
· Add ticker text to the notification that's displayed when the IRCService goes into the foreground, instead of displaying a blank ticker.
· Include channel topic in the displayed conversation title (Steven Luo)
· Actually deliver actions to existing private message windows (Steven Luo)
· Notify the user on receipt of all private messages, not just ones with nick mentions. (Steven Luo)
· Ensure privmsg with mention of user's nick opens new query when appropriate (Steven Luo)
· Remembers which conversation was last selected (Steven Luo)
· Danish translation (rasher)
What's New in 0.8:
· Support for mIRC colors (liato)
· Support for graphical smilies (liato)
· Bugfix: Connection issues when nickname already in use (pocmo)
· Bugfix: Only automatically change nickame on server code 433 if not already registered with server (pocmo)
· Turkish translation (Hasan Kiran)
· Several bugs fixed regarding force closes (pocmo)
· On own nick change: Display message in server info window (pocmo)
· New setting: Play notification sound on highlight.
· Updated Robotium to 2.0.2
· All current scenario tests are now running
· Ident: Added "-" to the list of allowed characters
· Fixed voice recognition (Only add top match to the text input)
· Code cleanup and eclipse code formatter settings
· New translation: Italian (Thanks to Gianmarco Laggia!)
· Minimum width defined for some buttons that may become difficult to touch
· A lot of code cleanup (mostly formatting)
· New user action view and new actions: reply, query
· Fixed typo: "joines" -> "joins"
· Fixed some issues in the IRC parser for bouncers. Especially regarding Irsii proxy.
· Tablet support. Yaaic will scale to different screen resolutions.
· Tweak some nick colors for readability on Yaaic's dark background. (kugel-)
· Reduce sensitivity of channel switcher (kugel-)
· Always open last activity and do not start with server list (liato & kugel-)
· Resolved a lot of connection issues - especially with bouncers.
· Some improvements for accessibility (but still a lot of things to do)
· All dimensions and font sizes now use screen independent sizes and should therefore look better on different screen sizes.
· It's now possible to hide quit messages as well.
· New Setting: Show notices in server window
What's New in 0.6.1:
· Voice recognition via Google API
· Everything is now easy translatable via one XML file
· Customizable font sizes (8px - 20px)
· New shortcut: /w for /whois
· Every unknown command will now be sent to the server. No more command whitelisting.
· Colored nicknames (by chantra)
· Set a list of nickname aliases (by ZoogieZork)
· Small ruby script to check the translation status
· Userlist is now sorted alphabetically (By mloskot)
· Nick completion via search button - completes current selection or at the cursor position (Patch by Thomas Martitz)
· Build files for ant
· Merged yaaic application and testing repositories
· First scenario tests via the robotium lib.
· Translations: Chinese, Japanese (work in progress), German (work in progress), French, Spanish
What's New in 0.5:
· Awesome channel indicator at the bottom of the screen showing highlights and new messages in other channels
· Define a custom quit message in the settings menu
· Execute commands on connect BEFORE joining channels
· Wait a small amount of time before auto-joining channels (because of slow server commands)
· Tap a nickname in the user list to perform an action (op, deop, kick, ...)
· Bugfix: Enter key did not work on Motorola Milestone
· Disable "Ok" button on Add Channel, Add Command dialogs until something's actually been added or removed. (by brion. thanks!)
· Other small adjustments and bugfixes
· Bugfix: The ident now can contain numbers
· Bugfix: Nicknames now can start with an underscore (_)