VPlayer - VPlayer is a HW accelerated Media player for Android. It uses HW video decoder at various containers and audio codecs combination.
Dual Core/High end devices (Sensation, Galaxy S/S2, Nexus-S ) can play 720p even 1080p MKV/AVI/MOV/FLV/TS/M4V/3GP.
VPlayer drains less battery than SW based players such as MX Video Player, MoboPlayer.
ICS devices can play 1080p files with full HW accelerations, Honeycomb tablets can play 720p MKV with Full HW accelerations.
If you use MIUI, CM7 or unofficial ROMs that can not play MKV/FLV/MOV/AVI using default player, VPlayer is the best solution.
· AVI, MOV, MKV, FLV, AVI, 3GP, 3G2, ASF, WMV, MP4, M4V, TP, TS, MTP, M2T
· HW: MPEG-4, H.264, H.263
· SW: MPEG-4, H.264, RMVB, XVID, MS MPEG-4, VP6, H.263, MPEG-1, MPEG-2
· DTS, AC3, AAC, Vorbis, FLAC, MP3, MP2, WMA
· Multiple audio tracks support
· (Advanced) SubStation Alpha(.ssa/.ass), SAMI(.smi), SubViewer(.sub), Subrip(.srt), MicroDVD(.sub), MPL2(.txt)
· MKV subtitle extraction supported
· Unicode/Multibyte charset supported.
· Multiple subtitle tracks support
· Increased subtitle readability with thicker border and shadow around text.
· HTTP Live Streaming with multiple bitrate
· 7 days trial
What's New in This Release:
· Fixed crash bug on Nexus 5
· Fixed buffer size eq 0 bug
What's New in 3.2.5:
· Use the latest Vitamio
· Fixed hardware decoding on Android 4.0
· Support AES-128 encrypt for HTTP Live Streaming
· Improve seek operation
What's New in 3.2.3:
· Supports Android KitKat 4.4
· Supports H265/HEVC and VP9 decoding video
· Added rebuild video thumbnail feature
· Fixed background playback issue
What's New in 3.2.1:
· Fix hardware decoding on Android 4.1 and higher.
· Fix open video slowly bug.
· Fix some crash and ANR bug.
What's New in 3.1.9:
· Improve subtitle code
· Fix playback m3u8 bug on some website
· Fix refresh button can not work bug
· Fix some crash and ANR bug
What's New in 3.1.8:
· Improve cache the online video or audio file to external storage.
· Use RGBA8888 instead of RGB565 render video.
· Add clear cache media files feature.
· Fix auto play next video bug.
· Fix background playback bug.
What's New in 3.1.7:
· Add backup and restore streams url.
· Add allow installed on the external storage.
· Fix playback streams bugs.
· Fix playback video timestamp error.
What's New in 3.1.7:
· The background playback has been improved! Enjoy it from the notification bar.
· Now you can cache the online video or audio files to external storage, boost network performance.
· The seek interval can be tuned from Preferences.
· Video mode can be remembered for each file.
· Fix various audio bugs.
· Fix MMS termination.
What's New in 3.1.5:
· Fix hardware decoding issues for some devices with Android 2.3.
· Fix uncheck hardware decoding bug
· Fix many bugs
What's New in 3.1.4:
· Move all strings to github, with acknowledgement to all the translators. Fork and send pull requests to help translate VPlayer.
· Use different colors in video list item, to indicate watched videos.
· Use smoother thumbnails loading in video list.
· Can take snapshot when using hardware decoding in Android 4.1+ .
· Fix hardware decoding issues for some devices with Android 4.1+ .
· Fix SeekBar and CheckBox style bugs for Android 4.2.
What's New in 3.1.3:
· Fix volume keys not valid in Android 2.3.
· Fix the exiting bug when leave VPlayer and back again, e.g. Phone calls, press Home.
· Add MediaScanner support for hlv and f4v files.
· Add icon for nexus 10.
What's New in 3.1.2:
· Fix the status bar will hide the playback screen in Android 2.3.
· Remember the library position.
· Remember the playback brightness.
What's New in 3.1.1:
· Add holo dark theme to Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
What's New in 3.1:
· Add Holo dark theme, you can change theme at VPlayer's Preferences -> File Explorer -> Themes, for Android 3.0+
· Remove DTS support, due to patent issue.
· Add button to take screenshot in video playback.
· Show different folders with the same name in MediaScanner.
· Make volume key available when screen locked.
· uPnP/DLNA plugin is available from Android launcher.
What's New in 1.4.2:
· Translation: French, thanks Gilles Gravier.
· Translation: Arabic, thanks Sarmad Mansoor.
· Hide video folders, and show them from preferences.
· Allow rename files.
· Pinch/Zoom to adjust video size, Double tap to adjust video layout.
· Long press to pause/play.
· More beautiful logo according to many users' request.
· You can open a youtube or vimeo website url in VPlayer's open URL.
What's New in 1.4.0:
· Open Youtube, Vimeo, Youku, Sohu, QQ, Sina, Qiyi, PPTV, LeTV, Ku6 videos with VPlayer!. Just click a video link in your internet browser.
· Show the network speed when watching online video.
· Long press items in video list to show options.
· Add a label feature to the streams.
· Add properties dialog of video.
· Translation: Japanese, July
· Translation: Spanish, Luis Gallon
· Translation: Korean, KYLIN
What's New in 1.3.2:
· Remove logcat permission. WE DON'T READ YOUR SENSITIVE DATA, THIS WAS USED TO FEEDBACK CRASHES. NOW THIS IS REMOVED.
· Remove boot complete permission.
· Stop when earphones unplugged
· Group preferences to children screen.
· Add a simple page indicator
· Fix automatic start when unlock screen but not in VPlayer.
· Fix crashes in background playback.
· Fix crashes when browsing files and UPnP/DLNA.
· Fix distortion of video thumbs.
What's New in 1.2.9:
· Bulgarian, from Ferotakis
· German, from Marc Hillesheim
· Italian, from Diego Pierotto
· Feature: shake to take snapshot in sw decoding mode
· Feature: disable automatic update in preferences
· Feature: automatic play next video from preferences
· Feature: disable automatic media scanning in preferences
· Feature: double tap to adjust the video layout
· Bug: Acer A500 crash