VOX General Spanish dictionary for Android is the most complete Spanish dictionary on the market is directed by Paz Battaner Arias, a Professor of the Spanish language at the University Pompeu Fabra. The dictionary was compiled by a large team of experts representing all varieties of Spanish using the most up-to-date lexicographical methods. VOX General Spanish Dictionary is an excellent reference tool for Spanish speakers worldwide, as it includes up-to-date vocabulary and phrases spoken in all Spanish-speaking countries.
- 52,423 entries and 112,000 definitions;
- 10,000 idioms and 100,000 examples;
- 21,000 synonyms and 3,000 antonyms;
- 4,700 etymologies and 7,000 notes /remarks;
- Includes Computer jargon, Neologisms and other useful vocabulary.
- Look up unfamiliar words directly from the home screen! Now VOX dictionary provides translations in a Quick Search Box alongside other search results.*
- Spanish Morphology module helps to translate words from any grammatical form.
- Use Fuzzy Search in case of misspelling. Just enter a wrong variant and get a list of similar words.
- Find the word even if you don’t know its exact spelling using Wildcard Search (use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters).
- Integrate VOX dictionary with the Flash Cards application and quiz yourself with words you have added from the dictionary.
- Study the language in the easiest and most effective way using VOX dictionary. Test yourself with a Word of the day widget on your Home screen. A random entry from the dictionary is changed daily.**
- Dictionary installation on memory cards.
- Hyperlinks between related articles and directions.
- Search History feature shows the last 20 words looked up.
- No Internet connection required: simply download the dictionary to your device and use it with no further expense incurred.
- Multilingual interface available in Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Russian and Spanish languages.
** Words from your Flash Cards are demonstrated more frequently if Flash Cards application is installed on the device.