Swype (Android) 18.104.22.168083/31127 bet - Swype provides a faster and easier way to input text on any screen. With one continuous finger or stylus motion across the screen keyboard, the patented technology enables users to input words faster and easier than other data input methods - at over 40 words per minute.
Note: If you have Swype pre-installed on your phone DO NOT attempt to install this beta of Swype! If you registered for the beta on Swype's website, you are good to go.
What's New in This Release:
INSTALLER v.1.1.26481 (12.16):
· Minor updates for compatibility with Swype Connect
· Removed "licensing" step from installer, as licensing is now handled by Swype Connect
ALL BUILDS - Swype Beta v22.214.171.124xxx:
· Single-tapping a word no longer re-positions the cursor to the end of the word
· For auto-complete fields (e.g. "to" in email), when in landscape, populate the HWCL with app-provided completions instead of auto-corrects
· Added support for capitalization in dictionary. When adding words to the dictionary, they will now retain their capitalization (e.g. Cyanogen, not cyanogen)
· Added "Personal Dictionary" management in Swype Settings: Add/Remove words from list, Edit existing words, Reset personal dictionary, Does not effect default, preloaded dictionaries!
· Added new Swype Gestures: Cut/Copy/Paste/Select All, Twitter/Google Maps/Facebook
· Fixed a bug in English where 'i' would incorrectly auto-capitalize in certain apps (inputType=TYPE_NULL, e.g. terminal emulators)
· Added PortugueseBR support
· Suppress all auto-capitalization in URL fields
· New tutorial and first-time user experience
· Added support for Android "toast tips" for certain notifications
· Improved prediction accuracy and suggestion priority for both tapping and Swyping
· Fixed a bug in Android 3.2 that prevented Swype from reading the screen resolution properly
· Fixed multiple application incompatibilities
· Fixed a bug where dictionaries would sometimes fail to load after a device reboot
· Added Swype Connect for licensing and measurement data collection
· Over 150 smaller improvements and bug fixes