MOBILedit! Forensic - Mobile phones contain some of the most important evidence in criminal investigations. Law enforcement agencies around the world need every possible advantage to help solve crimes. In many instances, mobile phones contain the important incriminating evidence that legal investigators require to solve a case. MOBILedit! Forensic has changed the way this evidence is obtained and presented. It provides reports with tamper-proof and indisputable evidence in a court of law. This report details out every piece of information in the phone such as call history, list of contacts, messages, photos, voice recordings, video, files, calendar, tasks, notes etc. MOBILedit! Forensic is a must-have for any forensic agent looking for that extra edge.
How It Works
With just a single click, MOBILedit! Forensic collects all possible data from the mobile phone and generates an extensive report onto a PC that can be stored or printed. MOBILedit! Forensic is the most universal cellular phone solution with architecture able to support virtually all phones. MOBILedit! Forensic allows you to customize the output making it completely adaptable to the needs of your judicial system. MOBILedit! Forensic also has frequent updates and upgrades so that you can be sure you are using the absolute latest in technology.
MOBILedit! Forensic caters to the entire world with reports that can be generated in any language. You are able to prepare creative templates according to your specific needs. These template files can be created in familiar tools such as MS Word and other text editors. You construct all the text that you would like to see appear in every final report. MOBILedit! Forensic will read this template and insert all data gathered from the device. There is no need to import or export stubs of data from SIMs or phones.
In summary, MOBILedit! Forensic allows you to read data from a phone directly onto a PC. This data can be saved to a file or exported into any supported format.
Because no data can be altered, it is completely concrete and admissible in a court of law.
MOBILedit! Forensic reports are secure, as the final report document is created without the touch of a human hand. MOBILedit! Forensic is read-only so it prevents changes in the device, which could mean the disappearance of evidence. All items are also protected against later modifications by hash code used in digital signatures. All blocks of data like the phonebook are protected by the MD5 hash algorithm. Each item has its own short MD5 code to help you quickly locate the possible place of modification.
You are able to generate reports from devices presently connected to the computer and reports from phones connected in the past using the backup file. So if you are pressed for time, you can simply run backups and later generate nice reports.
Forensic templates for RTF report generator are placed in folder X:MOBILedit!Mobile ApplicationsPlugForensicTemplates. You can also open this folder by clicking on Open Containing Folder button right in the Forensic report generator. To add any of these templates to MOBILedit! Forensic copy the RTF document into this folder.
Forensic English - Official English template of RTF Forensic report containing all available tags including its descriptions.
Forensic German - Unofficial German translation of official EN version of Forensic RTF report template.
Forensic Russian - Unofficial Russian translation of official EN version of Forensic RTF report template.
Handset - Template created and used for Handset analysis by Police officers in UK.
SIM - Template created and used for SIM card analysis by Police officers in UK.
SIM German - Template created and used for SIM card analysis by Police officers in Germany.
· Analyze phones via Bluetooth, IrDA or cable connection
· Analyze phonebook, last dialed numbers, missed calls, received calls, SMS messages, multimedia messages, photos, files, phone details, calendar, notes, tasks and more
· Large quantity of phones supported
· Frequent updates and upgrades with new features and more phones
· Direct SIM analyzer through SIM readers
· Reads deleted messages from the SIM card
· Reports Generator based on your templates
· Print reports ready for courtroom
· Reports generated in any language
· Make backup now and reports when needed
· Manual investigation mode
· Secure and tamper-proof using MD5 hash
· Compliant with Word or any other RTF editor
· View formatted reports in browser including original pictures
· Exports to Word, Excel/XLS, browser, XML/XSL
· Complete solution including specific phone cables and SIM readers
· XML export - seamlessly connect MOBILedit! Forensic data with other systems
· Free access to forensic forum
What's New in This Release:
· full support of Android phones from all manufacturers; including organizer, rich phonebook functionality, battery life, signal, memory status, etc.
· support of Samsung Bada – the new and popular OS
· completely new look of messages and contacts including photos
· new search showing multiple results at once
· completely improved design
New phones added:
· LG KS360
· Nokia C3-00, Nokia C6-00
· Samsung GT-S5560, Samsung GT-S7550, Samsung B5722
· Samsung Wave GT-S8500 with Bada OS
· All Android phones 1.5 and above are supported
· Following Android phones have been extensively tested and are supported including their pictures: Motorola Milestone, Samsung GT-I9000 – known as Galaxy S,Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini, T-Mobile G1,Vodafone 845, HTC Desire, HTC Wildfire, HTC Hero.