MAME4droid is a version of iMAME4all (Jailbroken iPhone, iPad) for Android, all of them developed by David Valdeita (Seleuco), port of MAME 0.37b5 emulator by Nicola Salmoria and TEAM, and it is based on GP2X, WIZ MAME4ALL 2.5 by Franxis.
MAME4droid emulates arcade games supported by original MAME 0.37b5 plus some additional games from newer MAME versions.
This version emulates over 2000 different romsets.
Please, try to understand that that with that amount of games, some will run better than others and some might not even run with MAME4droid.
Owners of older devices should not expect good performance. Tips to help performance: use lower quality sound or switch it off, use 8 bit depth, underclock the CPU and Sound CPUs. Disable stick and buttons animations and disable smooth scaling also.
After installing, place your MAME-titled zipped roms in /sdcard/ROMs/MAME4all/roms folder.
MAME4droid uses only MAME4droid & iMAME4all uses only '0.37b5', 'GP2X, WIZ 0.37b11 mame romset'. Use "clrmame.dat" file included in /sdcard/ROMs/MAME4all/ to convert romsets from other MAME versions to the ones used by this version, using ClrMAME Pro utility, available at this URL: mamedev.emulab.it/clrmamepro/
MAME4droid will never have "save states" since it is based on a MAME version that does not support it.
· Support for 2.1 and upper Android devices.
· Native support for Android Honeycomb tablets.
· Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) 2D Hardware Accelerated.
· HW Keys remapping.
· Touch Controller can be shown/hidden.
· Smooth image.
· Animated touch stick.
· 1 to 6 buttons optionally shown.
· Options for video aspect ratio, scaling, rotate.
· Adjustable CPU, Audio clock.
What's New in This Release:
· Added new battery save option (hacks). Fixed some dialogs issues. Improve ICS support.
What's New in 1.5:
· Added new landscape customizable button layout control, added tilt sensor as left/right.
What's New in 1.4.1:
· Added local multiplayer (using external IME app as Wiimote Controller or equivalent), added option to change default rom path, fixed thread being suspended when emulator paused.
What's New in 1.3.1:
· Added much faster OpenGL ES selectable video render mode (default is SW) even with image filters, added CRT or Scanlines overlay filters, added CPU ASM core selector per game, fixed battery drain when paused.
What's New in 1.2:
· Added Analog or DPAD touch control (selectable), iCade+ICP support, vibrate on keypress, more scaling options, fixed cheats.
What's New in 1.1:
· Speed boost in low-end devices. Added ASM 68xxx & z80 ASM Cores. Minor Bug Fixes.