IP Network Calculator - This is a network/subnet/IP address calculator for setting up routers and addresses on IP networks. Real-time updating and copy/paste support is included!
A single slider acts as a selector for the CIDR, the netmask, and to scale the # of hosts needed in your subnet network.
The application is useful for subnetting in tandem with an Android web browser or just for educational purposes. Education is emphasized by real time updating of network, broadcast, netmask, first and last address of the subnet, and the number of usable IPs in several different formats (dotted-decimal, hexadecimal, octal, decimal, binary and decimal). Also there are basic notes.
There is real time updating of output as you change values and move the slider to change the netmask/mask bit. Touching the output will cycle through several different formats. Long presses will enable menus for copying to the clipboard.
IPv4 functionality is finished. IPv6 will follow in an update.
No ads nor special permissions required! Also, this subnet calculator does not suffer from the "there's no dot on my number keyboard" problem.
What's New in This Release:
· Share output data directly with other apps (such as Gmail, Dropbox, Evernote, etc.)
· Resolved display issue with binary output on certain Android models.
· Resolved display issue with dotted-decimal input fields on large tablets.
What's New in 1.0.20120131:
· Major update for some HTC devices. (Some manufacturers enforce minimum widths for textboxes making IP Network Calculator only usable in landscape mode.)
· Updated "About" menu item for support information, website, and Market links to my software. This application requires no security permissions and is not adware.
What's New in 1.0.20110716:
· Added octal and plain decimal output formats.
· Added hexadecimal (0x) prefix option.
· Slidebar is now always visible when screen real estate permits. Allows simultaneous sliding and viewing of output in whatever format you wish to see.
· Themes - Dark, Light, Terminal Themes with option of a monospace font.