Droid Wall - Android Firewall is a front-end application for the powerful iptables Linux firewall. It allows you to restrict which applications are permitted to access your data networks.
This is the perfect solution if you don't have an unlimited data plan, or just wants to see your battery lasting longer.
After installing, press menu and click Help for an explanation on how to use it.
What's New in This Release:
· Added support for Wimax interfaces
· Fixed force-close on rare situation while switching orientation
What's New in 1.4.5:
· This is a minor bug-fix release
· Definitive fix for the "Reading applications" dialog getting stuck.
What's New in 1.4.3:
· Application list is now automatically refreshed.
· Log output now displays the number of packets blocked per destination IP address.
· Fixed "Exit code: -1" error on some devices.
What's New in 1.4.2:
· Fixed compatibility with devices without the "test" command available.
· Fixed a bug where one of the selected applications would be ignored, as if it was not selected at all.
· Fixed "grep command is required" error on phones that have busybox grep but the link is not in the system path.
· Added support for some 4G/Wi-max interfaces.
· Added a simple logging support! It is now possible to determine which applications have been blocked by Droid Wall, if your kernel supports this functionality.
· Added a simple busybox binary, so you don't have to install busybox manually anymore.