Concise Oxford American Dictionary- This dictionary packs an extraordinary amount of information into a handy book that is practical, dependable, affordable, and easy to read. Based on the groundbreaking flagship dictionary of Oxford's US Dictionaries program, the New Oxford American Dictionary, this concise edition includes more than 180,000 entries and definitions, complete with pronunciations, parts of speech, syllabification, inflected forms, and derivatives. The Concise Oxford American Dictionary is a convenient and complete dictionary for school, work, and home.
A Tool for Daily Use
- More than 180,000 entries and definitions;
- Hundreds of Word Histories that provide fascinating background on the lives of words;
- Usage Notes that give helpful information on correct English.
The Concise Oxford American Dictionary is here presented in MSDict electronic format. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
- Quick dynamic search of words while you type
- Transcriptions facilitating pronunciation
- Hyperlinks between different related words
- History to see the last 50 words you have looked up
- Support of multiple dictionaries installed at a time
- Support for memory cards