The First and Last Word in Dictionaries - The Cambridge Academic Content Dictionary defines the vocabulary students need to succeed in high school and beyond. Its entries include more than 2,000 key vocabulary items from the content areas of math, the arts, chemistry, earth science, physics, American and world history, social studies, language arts, and other disciplines, as well as the more general vocabulary used in academic writing and speech, such as "analyze," "derive," and "subsequent." The dictionary also provides full coverage of the everyday words and phrases students need to know. It is based on extensive Corpus research and developed with the needs of English learners in mind.
- Easy-to-understand definitions make the meanings clear.
- Full-sentence examples show how English is really used.
- Usage notes help students avoid common mistakes.
- Word Family and Word Choices boxes help students expand their vocabulary and choose the right word.
- Reference Pages provide useful information about geography, science, math, literature, and more.
The Cambridge Advanced Learner''s Dictionary is here presented in MSDict electronic format. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.